What's new on CPAN - December 2015
Welcome to “What’s new on CPAN”, a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. December was a bumper month, full of exciting new stuff. Enjoy!
Module of the month
Protocol::ACME is an alpha-stage implementation providing a perly interface to the Let’s Encrypt ACME API. This lets you automate the business of fetching and validating Let’s Encrypt certificates, and any other certificate which is provided via the ACME protocol. If you build web applications with Mojolicious, you may also like Toadfarm::Plugin::Letsencrypt, a less ambitious module that provides Lets Encrypt domain verification.
APIs & Apps
- App::Procapult is a process launcher / wrapper with a simple interface
- Another process manager, Schedule::LongSteps aims to manage long term processes over long periods of time.
- Do you want to convert colored terminal output to HTML? Check out App::Term2HTML
- Barracuda::Api provides a perly interface to Barracuda business IT services
- Google::reCAPTCHA a lightweight implementation of Google’s reCAPTCHA service, also see (Captcha::reCAPTCHA::V2)
Config & Devops
- Config::MethodProxy integrates dynamic logic with static configuration.
- Minion::Notifier notifies queue listeners when a Minion task has completed
- Queue::Priority orders messages according to their priority, so the important stuff gets processed first
- RBAC::Tiny is a miniscule Role-Based Access Control implementation
- Get an Attean SPARQL store using AtteanX::Store::SPARQL
- DBIx::Class::ParameterizedJoinHack provides relationship joins with dynamic logic
- Cleanly get a locale-specific datetime duration string with DateTime::Format::Human::Duration::Simple
- JSON::Schema::AsType generates Type::Tiny types out of JSON schemas, very nice! (I’m already using it).
- Add cropmarks to existing PDFs for better printing using PDF::Cropmarks
- A Redis-like store implemented on Postgresql. Not “redisql” but Postgredis
Development & Version Control
- App::CPAN::Search provides a base class for and script for searching CPAN
- Oooh look! A new Perl DBGp debugger: Devel::Debug::DBGp
- Get a “quick and dirty” code coverage measurement with Devel::QuickCover
- Devel::SimpleProfiler makes it easy to profile subroutines.
- Useful; include roles in serialization using MooseX::Storage::Traits::WithRoles
- Readonly::Tiny aims to provide “simple, correct, read only values”
- Test UNIX sockets with Test::UNIXSock
- Test::Alien provides testing tools for Alien modules
- Reliably test if some code uses
- Dump anything into a single line of 80 characters or fewer with Test::Stream::Plugin::Explain::Terse
- An implementation of the Modbus communications protocol, Device::Modbus provides a base for developing Modbus clients and servers
- Similarly, ZWave::Protocol provides helpers for the Z-Wave communication protocol
Language & International
- Split identifiers into words with Lingua::IdSplitter
- Protocol::IRC a base class for IRC protocol handling
- Text::Frundis an object oriented interface for the frundis markup language
- Get a Perl FFI interface to the Hunspell library using Text::Hunspell::FFI
- Text::Table::Any generates beautiful text tables using many different backends/li>
- Ufal::Parsito provides bindings to the Parsito library
Science & Mathematics
- Get a perly interface to the HTS library for DNA sequencing using Bio::DB::HTS
- Graph::Dijkstra provides Dijkstra’s shortest path algorithm and additional helper methods