What's new on CPAN - January 2014
Monday, 3 February by David Farrell
Welcome to the first edition of "What's new on CPAN". Every month we aim to bring you a curated look at last month's new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
- proxyhunter is a proxy server search and checking tool. It supports Postgres, MySQL and SQLite as backend models.
- Pipe application output to a websocket with App::screenorama it can capture stdout / stderr.
- App::YTDL is another YouTube downloader. Time will tell if it surpasses current king WWW::YouTube::Download.
- Work with JSON in Perl? Consider IO::Async::JSONStream it asynchronously decodes JSON into Perl data structures.
- EBook::EPUB::Check validates .epub files.
- Need to create realistic but fake data? Faker is a re-implementation of the classic Data::Faker module.
- Give Image::JPEG::EstimateQuality a JPEG and it will estimate the photo quality.
- Convert markdown to phpBB / BBCode using Markdown::phpBB.
- Biblio::SICI provides methods for working with Serial Item and Contribution Identifiers an ANSI/NISO standard for periodicals.
- If you work with TBX data, Convert::TBX::Min will convert TBX-Min to TBX-Basic.
Development & System Administration
- Chess::960 is a random starting position generator for Chess960.
- WebService::SyoboiCalendar provides an interface to an online Japanese TV schedule for Anime shows.
- Check out Acme::Ehoh, it will return your lucky direction, based on ancient Japanese traditions.
Maths & Science
- Forward TCP / UDP packets to another host with Net::Forward.
- Lembas is a new framework for testing command line applications. It has a simple markup that follows shell commands almost verbatim.
- Want to use database data in your testing? Take a look at Test::FixtureBuilder.
Enjoyed this article? Help us out and retweet us!