What's new on CPAN - January 2014
Welcome to the first edition of “What’s new on CPAN”. Every month we aim to bring you a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
- Games::EveOnline::EveCentral is an interface to the ever-popular game EVE Online.
- Want to manage corporate HR data via an online service? WebService::BambooHR. provides an API for BambooHR.com.
- Add setlock functionality to Redis with Redis::Setlock.
- Need to translate addresses into map coordinates (geocoding)? WebService::Geocodio is a wrapper for geocod.io that does just that.
- If you’re interested in Bitcoin trading, Finance::Bank::Kraken is an API for the Kraken bitcoin market.
- Want to scrape websites intelligently ? WebService::Diffbot is an unoffical Perl API for the Diffbot service.
- proxyhunter is a proxy server search and checking tool. It supports Postgres, MySQL and SQLite as backend models.
- Pipe application output to a websocket with App::screenorama it can capture stdout / stderr.
- App::YTDL is another YouTube downloader. Time will tell if it surpasses current king WWW::YouTube::Download.
- Now you can control you’re own remote control car with UAV::Pilot::WumpusRover::Server.
- Work with JSON in Perl? Consider IO::Async::JSONStream it asynchronously decodes JSON into Perl data structures.
- EBook::EPUB::Check validates .epub files.
- Need to create realistic but fake data? Faker is a re-implementation of the classic Data::Faker module.
- Give Image::JPEG::EstimateQuality a JPEG and it will estimate the photo quality.
- Convert markdown to phpBB / BBCode using Markdown::phpBB.
- Biblio::SICI provides methods for working with Serial Item and Contribution Identifiers an ANSI/NISO standard for periodicals.
- If you work with TBX data, Convert::TBX::Min will convert TBX-Min to TBX-Basic.
Development & System Administration
- Use Sub::Trigger::Lock to prevent direct access of Moose attributes, and force users to only use the implemented interface.
- Monitor process memory usage with Memory::Stats.
- Writing a Perl XS module? Dist::Zilla::Plugin::TemplateXS is a template driven plugin for minting new XS files.
- Chess::960 is a random starting position generator for Chess960.
- WebService::SyoboiCalendar provides an interface to an online Japanese TV schedule for Anime shows.
- Check out Acme::Ehoh, it will return your lucky direction, based on ancient Japanese traditions.
Maths & Science
- Calculate moving averages of data with PDL::Finance::TA.
- Graph::RandomPath will generate a random path between to vertices in a Graph object.
- Graph::SomeUtils provides utility methods for Graph objects.
- Forward TCP / UDP packets to another host with Net::Forward.
- Lembas is a new framework for testing command line applications. It has a simple markup that follows shell commands almost verbatim.
- Want to use database data in your testing? Take a look at Test::FixtureBuilder.
- Authenticate a user against multiple realms with Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::Fallback.
- Dancer::Plugin::Legacy::Routing helps you safely refactor your Dancer application routes.
- Speed up Mojolicious’ JSON handling with MojoX::JSON::XS.
- Render POD in your Mojolicious app with MojoX::Plugin::PODRenderer.
- Use Mojolicious::Command::nopaste to build a pastebin (nopaste) site with Mojolicious.
Enjoyed this article? Help us out and retweet us!