What's new on CPAN - February 2014
Welcome to “What’s new on CPAN” - a curated look at last month’s new CPAN uploads for your reading and programming pleasure. Enjoy!
- Interact with AWS Simple Queue Services using: AWS::SQS::Simple
- Dokuwiki::RPC::XML::Client is a client for DokuWiki
- Access the CampBX bitcoin trading platform using Finance::CampBX
- InfluxDB is a time series database, InfluxDB provides a Perl API.
- Sync files between machines using using BitTorrent Sync and Net::BitTorrentSync
- WebService::ImKayac::Simple is a message sender for im.kayac, the notification service
- Manage workflow jobs using CA::WAAE - an interface for CA’s Workflow Automation product
- Buid static web sites with App::Dapper
- Prettify JSON, YAML and Perl data and translate into other languages with pretty
- Fly the Parrot AR.Drone using UAV::Pilot::ARDrone
- Gnuplot::Builder is an OO library for the gnuplot
- Share data efficiently between processes using Hash::SharedMem
- Image::Quantize will quantize image data into 256 or fewer colours
- Build JSON under memory constraints with JSON::Builder
- Generate random Japanese names using Mock::Person::JP
Development & System Administration
Find all CPAN modules that reference a particular CPAN module with CPAN::ReverseDependencies
warnings::MaybeFatal will turn warnings FATAL at compile time only
IPC::PrettyPipe facilitates debugging and execution piped commands.
A whole host of new Dist::Zilla validation plugins:
- Check for plugins performing actions outside of the appropriate phase with Dist::Zilla::Plugin::VerifyPhases
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::DiagINC helps you find the @INC dependencies for a specific test failure
- Check for clean namespaces: Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::CleanNamespaces
- Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Breaks tracks breaking module versions as metadata and Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Test::CheckBreaks tests for breaks
- Obfuscate text in the style of the Zalgo meme: Acme::Zalgo
- SudokuTrainer helps detect successful Sudoku strategies
Maths & Science
- AI::FANN::Evolving is an evolving artificial neural implementation class for the Fast Artificial Neural Network library.
- Crypt::Curve25519 will generate a shared secret using an elliptic-curve Diffie-Hellman function, for message encryption.
- Crypt::Lucifer is an implementation of IBM’s Lucifer block cipher from the 1970s.
- Enable ScryptKDF in DBIx::Class with DBIx::Class::EncodedColumn::Crypt::Scrypt
- Test::Cucumber::Tiny is a lightweight, plaintext-driven testing framework
- Conveniently manage the state of DBIx::Class test data with DBIx::Class::EasyFixture
- Test::DiagINC will list all (deep) dependencies on test failure
- Create a temporary instance of MongoDb for testing with Test::mongod
HTTP::Entity::Parser is a PSGI compliant HTTP entity parser
Add a timeout and retry feature to HTTP::Tiny using HTTP::Retry
Make Catalyst user notification handling easier with Catalyst::Plugin::SimpleMessage
Plack::Middleware::LightProfile is a simple profiler for Plack applications.
Dump the Apache server scoreboard when full with Apache2::ScoreboardDumper
New Mojolicious modules:
- Mojo::FriendFeed is a non blocking FriendFeed listener
- Run a generic TCP server with Mojo::Server::TCP
- Defer template rendering with MojoX::Renderer::IncludeLater a template post-processor
- Mojolicious::Plugin::VHost adds virtual hosts to Mojolicious
Enjoyed this article? Help us out and retweet it!